Welcome to Bike Share KC
We are part of BikeWalkKC and serve as the nonprofit owner and operator of Kansas City B-cycle powered by Blue KC, offering KC a new option for transportation, sustainability, recreation, and economic development.
Support our crowd-funding campaign and bring B-cycle to your neighborhood
Individuals and businesses can now support B-cycle directly by choosing one or more of our crowd-funding campaigns for Westport, 18th & Vine, Westside, Country Club Plaza, Museum District, Brookside, Union Hill, Waldo, Hospital Hill, or the University District.
Kansas City B-cycle is expanding in 2014!
Phase 2 will create a second bike share node for the Plaza/Westport area, and we need the community's help to bring as many stations as possible to more neighborhoods. Individuals, institutions, and businesses can all be players to make bike share expansion a success.
Be a player by sponsoring a station. Incorporate bike share into your wellness and sustainability programs. Build a partnership with your neighborhood.
You can support B-cycle by letting your employer, mayor, and city council know that bike share is an in important investment in our community.
Phase 2 Details
- Planning for 10-15 new B-stations to be installed for Spring 2014
- New "zones" of B-stations for the neighborhoods around the Westport and Country Club Plaza areas
- More neighborhoods and more B-stations as funding becomes available
- Full build-out could include Midtown, KU Med, 18th & Vine, Westside, Columbus Park, UMKC/Rockhurst, Troost corridor, Brookside, and Waldo.
- Future connections to KC Streetcar extensions
- 1.1 million calories burned
- 29,000 miles travelled
- 27,000 pounds of carbon offset
- 9,600 trips
- Improved health
- Reduced congestion
How we grow
KC B-cycle is the world's first and only advocate-owned bike share system, launching in 2012 with 100% private funds. We rely on the support of the business and philanthropic communities, as well as individual champions and donors.